Xiaomi is expected to launch its Mi Mix 2 smartphone later this year. Some screenshots from the smartphone have surfaced on the Internet. The leaked screenshots indicate that the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 will come with a 3D facial recognition feature.
The facial recognition feature may be part of Xiaomi’s MIUI 9, but would be exclusive to the Mi Mix 2 which means not every phone from the Chinese brand will be able to make use of the feature.
Xiaomi Mi Mix
The Mi Mix 2 will have a near bezel-less screen with as much as 93 percent of screen-to-body ratio. This is inline with the design of the original Mi Mix.
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Specs (Unconfirmed)
- Display: 6.4 inch display with 1440 x 2560 pixel resolution
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 with Adreno 540
- Memory: 4 GB or 6 GB RAM
- Storage: 128 GB or 256 GB
- Camera: Dual 16 MP, phase detection auto-focus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash; 13 MP camera on front
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 4500 mAh battery
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with MIUI 9