Touch typing is an important skill. If you want to learn touch typing, you can use any of the following typing software.
Top 10 typing software
1) Typing Master 10: Typing Master 10 is a touch typing software that provides over 10 hours of customized exercises to guide you step by step to professional keyboarding. As a result your typing speed will show improvement and save you hours of working time. Typing Master 10 also includes a new Windows widget called Typing Meter. It measures and analyzes your typing habits on the background while you work. It gathers basic typing statistics for you to view, and also detects those keys and words that are problematic for you. Typing Master 10 is one of the best and comprehensive software to learn typing.
Download link: http://www.typingmaster.com/typing-tutor/free-download.html
2) TIPP10: TIPP10 is a free touch typing tutor for your browser and for Windows, OS X and Linux. TIPP10 is easy to use and features a clear user interface. The program’s intelligent practice lessons, useful support functions and an extensive progress tracker enables users to learn typing fast and with ease. The lesson texts help in correcting typing mistakes by repeating mistyped letters more frequently. The system helps eliminate typing mistakes and learn touch typing efficiently. TIPP10 is currently available in English and German and you can select various keyboard layouts. In addition to the QWERTY keyboard layout, you can also activate keyboards for Germany, for Switzerland or the alternative Neo, Dvorak and RISTOME keyboards. A portable version is also available.
Download link: https://www.tipp10.com/en/
3) Klavaro Touch Typing Tutor: Klavaro is a free open source software to learn touch typing. The interface is plain and easy to use. The menu takes you through an introduction and four different levels of typing instruction. The introduction covers the basic concepts of touch typing, and the lessons include a basic course for practising typing sequences of two or three keys. Klavaro supports 22 different languages and also 25 different international keyboards and five different keyboard layouts. Klavaro Touch Typing Tutor’s exercises are challenging and effective. Overall, Klavaro is a great choice for anyone who wants to improve his/her typing skills.
Download link: http://klavaro.sourceforge.net/en/index.html
4) KeyBlaze Typing Tutor from NCH Software: KeyBlaze is a typing software that comes with typing lessons for home keys, neighbor keys, capitalization, punctuation, numbers, practice exercises include drills and also typing games. Additionally it also offers dictation audio exercises for transcription practice. The free version has certain limitations. Overall, KeyBlaze typing tutor software is the easiest typing tutor software available today for anyone to quickly learn speed typing, 10-key and touch typing.
Download link: http://www.nchsoftware.com/typingtutor/index.html
5) Kiran’s Typing Tutor: Kiran’s Typing Tutor is a Windows application which lets you to learn Touch Typing and improve typing skills and speed in a very easy way with in the shortest possible time. It has advanced features like Typing Lessons, Typing Practice, Typing Tests, Numeric Typing, Kids Typing, Typing Games, Statistical graphs, finger preview and key preview. Typing practice is much more advanced and scientifically designed. The software also measures your typing speed, errors for each letter and accuracy and analyses shows as understandable graphs in progress window.
Download link: http://kiranreddys.com/download/
6) RapidTyping: Rapid Typing Tutor is designed to teach adults and kids to use their computer keyboard more efficiently than ever. It comes with full courses for Beginner, Advanced and Expert typists. It also includes Progress Tracking: WPM, CPM, Accuracy, Delay, Lesson editor and numeric pad lessons. The interface is simple and intuitive.
Download link: http://www.rapidtyping.com/
7) Bruce’s Unusual Typing Wizard: Bruce’s Unusual Typing Wizard is well designed typing tutor to learn and practice typing. It helps both beginners and experienced typists who are looking for improvement. This software comes with a unique algorithm, which detects if a user is typing slightly off and adjust the typing position. This eliminates frustration of typing many mistakes when a letter is omitted or added. The software also comes with a game. It is possible to change the text to create custom lessons. The on-screen keyboard and game can also be modified in accordance with your keyboard language or layout. The software has not been updated for many years now. However, it is still highly useful.
Download link: http://typing.qcalculus.com/
8) TypeFaster Typing Tutor: TypeFaster Typing Tutor is a free typing software that teaches you to touch type. It supports French, German, Portuguese, US-Dvorak, US-English, Hebrew, Numeric-keypad and more. Typefaster accessible is for blind users. Full Spanish version also includes a 3d game. TypeFaster Typing Tutor is an open source project hosted on SourceForge.
Download link: http://www.typefastertypingtutor.com
9) MaxType PRO Typing Tutor: MaxType PRO Typing Tutor is a handy application that offers a useful suite of features for helping you improve your typing skills and keep track of your performance with the aid of statistics and reports. MaxType PRO Typing Tutor allows view information about each user, such as general information (name, keyboard layout, total time, number of trainings), progress (passed lessons, average grade, general progress), high scores (e.g. average speed, accuracy, lesson and test results), exams (graded or not graded, typed symbols).
Download link: http://www.askmesoft.com/maxtype.htm
10) Stamina Typing Tutor: Stamina Typing Tutor is an amusing, yet multifunctional touch-typing tutor with support for several layouts: QWERTY (US, UK, …), Dvorak, AZERTY etc. The program is perfect for novice as well as advanced users. It comes with many options to help the user choose from the virtual keyboards.
Download link: http://typingsoft.com/download.htm