The term ‘workgroup’ refers to a collection of computers on a local area network (LAN) that share common resources and responsibilities. Workgroups allow sharing of files, printers and other network resources. Windows supports assigning of computers to named workgroups.
How to Join a Workgroup in Windows 7
Here are instructions to join a workgroup in Windows 7:
1) Go to Start > Right Click on “Computer” > Click on “Properties”. This will open “Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System” window.
2) Go to the section which says “Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings”. Under this, you will see the current workgroup. This is “WORKGROUP” by default. To change this, click on the “Change settings” link to the right. This will open the “System Properties” window.
3) Click on the “Change” button next to “To rename this computer or change its domain or workgroup, click change”. This will open the “Computer Name/Domain Changes” window.
4) In the text box under the “Workgroup” radio button, enter the name of the workgroup you wish to join. Then click “OK”.
5) Restart your computer.
You have now joined your desired workgroup..
Incoming search terms:
- how to join workgroup in windows 7