Dot matrix printers use a print head that moves back-and-forth, or in an up-and-down motion, on the page and prints by impact, striking an ink-soaked cloth ribbon against the paper. The printing mechanism is very similar to that of a traditional typewriter. Dot matrix printers were very popular in the 80s and 90s but have become most obsolete. However, they have their own advantages. Dot matrix printers are very robust and last a long time. This is why they are still used in billing counters, banks and Government offices. They are also cheap to operate.
Best Dot Matrix Printers in India
Here is are the best dot matrix printers in India:
1. Epson LX-310: The Epson LX-310 is the next-generation narrow carriage, 9-pin model successor to the LX-300. It comes with improved speed and reliability. The Epson LX-310 has 128KB input data buffer memory. This enables it to achieve high printing speeds of up to 357 characters per second at 12 CPI. The LX-310 is rated for a mean time before failure (MTBF) of 10,000 POH (power on hours). This means that the printer will last many years even with continuous usage. Using the LX-310, you can create up to a 5-part form printout (1 original + 4 copies).
The Epson LX-310 is priced at approximately Rs. 9500.
2. TVS MSP240 STAR: The MSP 240 STAR dot matrix printer is an 80 column printer for printing receipts, invoices and bills. Its wide input operating voltage makes it suitable for use in factories, workshops, etc. where there may be power fluctuations. The printer is designed to function even in severely fluctuating power conditions ranging between 90VAC and 270 V AC. The printer is also easy and cheap to operate. It has a copy capacity of 1 plus 4 carbon copies. You can connect the printer via USB interface, Centronics IEEE- P1284A Parallel or an RS 232C serial.
The TVS MSP 240 Star Printer is priced at approximately Rs. 10000.
3. TVS MSP 250 STAR: The MSP 250 STAR is an 80 column printer for printing receipts, invoices and bills at high speeds.The TVS MSP 250 STAR is capable of 450 CPS print speed. It also features turbo dot print head design and produces clear and legible prints on paper at higher throughput. Built with Parallel and USB interfaces, MSP 250 Star is versatile. It also comes with a simplified and easy to understand operator panel. The 15000 Power on hours reliability makes MSP 250 Star a highly reliable printer during high volume printing operations.
The TVS MSP 250 STAR is priced at approximately Rs. 10000.
4. TVS MSP 450 STAR: The MSP 450 STAR is a 24 wire 80 column printer for printing letter- quality reports, receipts, invoices and bills. It comes with built-in multilingual fonts for local language printing capabilities. Its vertical-positioning feature with an optional vertical stand, provides better print line visibility. It offers a printing speed of 360 CPS. The printer has a long print head life of 200 million characters.
The TVS MSP 450 STAR is priced at Rs. 12000.
5. Epson LQ-310: Epson LQ-310 is the next-generation narrow carriage, 24-pin model replacing the LQ-300. The Epson LQ-310 offers fast-printing at a low cost. The printer features a 128KB input data buffer memory and has high printing speeds of up to 416 characters per second at 12 CPI.
The Epson LQ-310 is priced at Rs. 13000.
Incoming search terms:
- top 5 dot matrix printers india